Saturday, April 5, 2014

Clarisonic Mia 2 Journey: Days 1-6

I recently decided to invest in a Clarisonic. I have heard so many people talk about how great it is, so I figured now was as good of a time to get it as any.

The one I bought for myself is the Mia 2 with a 1 minute automatic timer and 2 speeds. I got mine in hot pink, which I believe is a limited edition color.




It came with a travel case, a charger for it, and a trial size Clarisonic cleanser. I also bought the twin pack of the acne brush heads.




I thought it would be fun to do a sort of diary while I am starting out using the Clarisonic. Every day I will write about what I notice while I am using it and after I finish using it. I will post probably every 6 days or so.

Here is what has happened the first six days I have used it:

Day 1: Saturday, March 29

I am starting out using the brush head that came on the Clarisonic, which is the sensitive brush head. I am also using the lower setting, which is recommended. The cleanser I am using with it is my Clinique Acne Solutions bar soap. I wasn't sure what the best way to go about using the bar soap with the Clarisonic is, so I started by rubbing the bar on my face AND the brush head and then using it. Not the best idea. It was too sudsy and the soap on my forehead ran down into my eye when I was using the Clarisonic. When I used it again before bed I put the soap on my face only and just wet the brush head with water. It worked much better. My face feels weird. It's just because my skin isn't use to the Clarisonic yet I think. My skin does feel softer than when I use my hands to wash my face.

Day 2: Sunday, March 30

I think my face looks more red than usual? Maybe I'm crazy. When I put the Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion on after using it, my face hurts a little bit. I think maybe it stings because it is able to get down further in my pores. I'm not sure, but I hope that goes away eventually. My face still feels super soft.

Day 3: Monday, March 31

I still notice some sensitivity while I'm using the Clarisonic. I have sensitive skin anyway though, so maybe it's not that big of a deal. My skin feels normal after I am finished using it and have put moisturizer on and everything. I can't really say that I've noticed any other changes with my skin yet.

Day 4: Tuesday, April 1

OK so it actually hurt my cheeks a little bit today to use the Clarisonic. I think I might switch the brush head to one of the acne ones I got. Hopefully that helps. I do this the Clarisonic is doing it's job. I have quite a few whiteheads and small blemishes that popped up overnight. This, I am assuming, is because the Clarisonic is getting all the gunk out of my pores and it is trying to break the surface. I can deal with this if it means my skin will look better after a while.

I switched the brush head to the acne one when I used it in the evening. It felt a lot better on my skin! Hopefully that solves my problem with my face hurting while I'm using it.

Day 5: Wednesday, April 2

The acne brush head seems to be working a lot better for me. My skin is not bothered by the brush anymore. My acne today is still pretty bad, but I think it looks a little better from yesterday. I think I notice a little bit more radiance in my skin, but it's still too early to tell for sure. I don't have any before pictures, but I thought it might be nice to start taking pictures every few days as my skin changes to sort of document to process.






The acne isn't terrible and it could definitely be a lot worse. Hopefully it will get better soon because my skin was doing pretty well before I started using this.

Day 6: Thursday, April 3

I swear a ton of this acne just vanished over night. I did use my Clinique Acne Solution Clinical Clearing Gel all over my face last night, so I'm not sure if that was what helped or the Clarisonic or a little bit of both. Getting the Clarisonic has helped keep me from not washing my face at night. I really didn't want to wash my face tonight because I was so tired, but I knew the Clarisonic would work faster and better if I didn't skip any washes.

To stay updated on my Clarisonic diaries and other beauty-related posts check out the links in the sidebar and follow me to stay in touch. You can also receive email updates by entering your email in the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment