Thursday, April 11, 2013

Smell This: Gucci Guilty Black

Gucci Guilty Black women's perfume was released a few weeks ago and has sold fairly well so far at Younkers, so I thought you all might want to read my thoughts on the fragrance.


It is a sweet and slightly spicy scent that I would describe as sultry. It is fitting for the name Gucci Guilty Black. The top notes in the fragrance  are red fruits and pink pepper. The heart is made up of raspberry, peach, lilac, and violet. The base notes round it out with patchouli and amber.

The most noticeable difference between Black and the other two Gucci fragrances in the Guilty collection, the original and the Intense, is the sweetness in this new one. The other two do not smell sweet to me at all.

I think this perfume would be perfect to wear out at night to an event or party or on a date. It might be too heavy for some people to wear during the day, but I would say to wear it whenever you feel like it suits you.



I also love the advertisement posters for both the men and women's Gucci Guilty Black. Rachel Evan Wood and Chris Evans both look gorgeous! I love the mixture of colors that correspond with the colors of the bottles. The red and green blend so well to create the perfect atmosphere and feeling behind the fragrances.



I love the packaging of the Gucci Guilty fragrances. They look very sleek, but still stand out with the Gucci symbol cut out on the bottle. The one downfall, in my opinion, with all the Gucci Guilty bottles is that fingerprints are easily visible on them. However, fingerprints can be noticeable on many perfume bottles, and this would only be an issue if you have them on display in your room and are bothered by the prints. The only other thing I don't like about the new Black perfume bottle is the black, plastic-y cover. I think it makes the bottle look a little cheap. The other Guilty bottles are also like this, but the metal look made them seem more upscale. I do love the red tinted glass bottle and the overall shape of the bottle.

Gucci Guilty Black retails at $95 for a 2.5 fluid ounce bottle and $75 for a 1.6 fluid ounce bottle and can be found at most department stores where fragrances are sold.

What is your favorite scent to wear when you go out at night? Let me know in the comments below!

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog, subscribe to my feed, subscribe by entering your e-mail on the right-hand side, and/or subscribe through Google+ if you like what you see.

Thanks for stopping by and while you're here, check out some of my previous posts like my review of a couple CoverGirl products: http://brightlipsanddyedtips.blogspot.com/2013/04/review-covergirl-clump-crusher-mascara.html or my Get to Know Me post: http://brightlipsanddyedtips.blogspot.com/2013/03/get-to-know-me.html

2 comments: