Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Fortune Cookie Soap Nightmare Before Christmas Winter Soap Box

The anticipation of waiting for my first ever Soap Box from Fortune Cookie Soap was killing me, so I was extremely happy when it showed up on my doorstep Monday!


If you already know about Fortune Cookie Soap and their Soap Box, skip down and see all the goodies from the box!

For anyone who doesn't know about Fortune Cookie Soap, it is a company based out of Oklahoma that makes fun and unique bath and body products. They have expanded their line greatly over the years and have everything from room sprays to body scrubs to bath salts- all made by hand. FCS has a huge range of scents to choose from. This includes seasonal collections and themed collections.

Each season (Every 3 months), FCS releases a Soap Box, where they send samples of each fragrance from their new collection in different products that they have. It is a great way to preview the new collection before it comes out, a great way to try some of their products if you've never tried them, or it's a great gift to have sent to someone. You subscribe to the box for $19.99 ($28 for Canada and $34 for international) and then you are signed up for all future boxes unless you unsubscribe. The idea is similar to other subscription boxes like Birchbox. Like I said, this was my first time getting one of these and I am pretty happy with the things I received.

This collection is based off of Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas! Take a look at all the goodies that came in the Soap Box!




I have to point of how cute they made the box that the products come in. They put shreds of gray paper in the box for the products to sit on and then added pretty snowflakes and even a bell, so the box jingled. Their attention to detail is amazing!

Jack Bath Fizzy


One of the things I love about FCS is how true they stay to what they are doing for a collection. I mean, this bath fizzy looks exactly like Jack! And to think that all of this is handmade. Wow! This smells like what I expect Christmas scents to smell like. It smells kind of like a Christmas tree mixed with menthol. The description says it has lemon, menthol, woodland moss, and cranberries. The woodland moss must be the prominent scent I am smelling. The menthol is very noticeable too, but the lemon and cranberries are very faint.

Sally Fortune Cookie Soap


Once again, how Sally is this soap?! I love it! Sally smells like fresh linen hanging on a clothesline. I feel like I've smelled it before, but it is still a nice fresh scent to have. Fresh breezes, white cotton, dry crackling leaves, and twine is what the scent is made up of. I do think they "captured her spirit" as FCS says in their description.

Oogie Boogie OCD Hand Sanitizer


Every time I tried to get a picture of the bug, it kept sinking to the back.

The color of this hand sanitizer and the added detail of putting a fake bug makes this perfect. I think this might be my favorite scent out of the entire collection. It's definitely a sweet yet soft berry scent. The description of the scent is winter berries with sweet muted cinnamon. I can smell a hint of the cinnamon as well, but it isn't overwhelming at all. I think this scent is probably the most wearable out of the bunch, at least in my opinion. Some of the scents are good, but I wouldn't want them on my body.

Lock, Shock, and Barrel Bath Melt


If you haven't seen The Nightmare Before Christmas in a while like me, you might have had to look up the meaning of Lock, Shock, and Barrel. They are the three trick-or-treaters that help capture "Sandy Claws". For my sample, I received Barrel. Once again, such amazing detail work for this bath melt! I would say this scent also smells like Christmas. The difference between this one and Jack is that Jack is a little more potent and the menthol adds a different depth to it. Lock, Shock, and Barrel has a more woodsy, pine scent. It has woods of pine and spruce and hints of spice.

Sandy Claws Exfoliating Body Butter



Holy chocolate! Alright so this smells like real chocolate, like the kind you bake with. Besides chocolate, there is also chai in the scent as well. I don't really smell the chai, but the chocolate is pretty overwhelming. The exfoliating body butter is meant to be used in the shower. You rub it on your body and then massage it into your skin. You don't rinse it off. When you get out of the shower and let it dry a bit, the body butter will soak into your skin and leave it feeling soft. I am intrigued by this product and ca't wait to see how well it really works.

Zero Dry Shampoo


This dry shampoo looks kinda like baby powder. You're supposed to putt some in your hands, rub them together, and then rub it into your roots. I mainly smell pumpkin in this scent with a faintest hint of peppermint, which is what the two scents are in this fragrance. However, the description says the the faint scent is supposed to be pumpkin. Pumpkin isn't my favorite scent, so this definitely isn't my favorite. If you like pumpkin scents though, you would like this fragrance.

Holiday Worlds Whipped Cream Body Butter


There are four different holiday world fragrances: Christmas Town, Easter Town, Thanksgiving Town, and Halloween Town. I got Easter Town in my soap box. This smells sugary and sweet. It is supposed to smell like pink sugar with black licorice. I can smell a tiny hint of the black licorice, but it adds some depth to the fragrance. I don't know if I would want to smell like this though, mainly because it will probably make me hungry.

What's This? Roll On Perfume


Mystery fragrance! So aggravating! I hate not being able to figure out what a scent is! I have a few guesses, but I don't want to say too much because I want to win the $50 FCS gift card that's up for grabs. I will say that the scent is sweet and smells like baked goods. The actual product is basically a rollerball perfume.

If you are interested in subscribing to these lovely boxes, here is the direct link for you to sign up. They also have a page where they describe the Soap Box and answer lots of questions about it. The first one you will get if you subscribe now will be the spring box, which they will start shipping on February 10th.

I hope all you viewers that celebrate Thanksgiving have a wonderful holiday and get to spend it with your friends and family. I hope everyone else has a great rest of the week. I believe I will have another post for you all on Sunday, so please stay updated so you don't miss out. Follow me on Pinterest, Twitter, or any of the other sites linked in the sidebar.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite halloween/christmas movies! This box looks amazing! These all look so nice! :)

    ReplyDelete