Sunday, July 20, 2014

Smell This: DKNY My NY

DKNY, the fragrance line by Donna Karan, has released their newest perfume called My NY. I have never been a fan of any Donna Karan or DKNY perfumes until now.


There are a lot of things I love about this perfume. The most important thing is the scent itself. The top notes are raspberry, pink pepper, and galbanum. Middles notes are Egyptian jasmine, freesia, and orris. The base is made up of patchouli, vanilla, musk, and ambergris. The scent is sweet and sophisticated. It has a nice blend of flowers without it really being a stereotypical "floral" scent. 

Besides the scent, I am also in love with this bottle. It is heart-shaped and the perfume is tinted pink. The top of the bottle is very unique. It has staggered squares leading up to the top where the sprayer is. "My NY DKNY" is also engraved in a square on top. This bottle is really very different from many of the bottles I have seen released in the past couple of years. It may not be the tallest or have the most frills, but it is a beautiful bottle.


The other thing I like about the perfume is the advertising for it. Rita Ora is the celebrity endorser of DKNY and this perfume. I'll admit, I don't know much about her. I know she is a British singer and actress. That's about it. I DO know that she looks absolutely gorgeous in the advertisements. I love her makeup and style.


Here is the TV ad for the perfume if you are interested in watching it. Once again, Rita looks stunning.


DKNY My NY comes in three different sizes: 
The 3.4 oz bottle is $88.
The 1.7 oz bottle is $68.
The 1 oz bottle is $48.
There is also a rollerball (.34 oz) for $24.

This perfume is available at most department stores and cosmetics stores such as Sephora and Ulta.

No comments:

Post a Comment