Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Smell This: Viva La Juicy Gold Couture by Juicy Couture

I am a Juicy girl at heart. The first time I smelled a Juicy fragrance, I was in love. My love has only grown from there. Sure, there have been a couple that I haven't cared for that much, but overall it is my favorite brand when it comes to perfume.

I think it is time to add a new Juicy to my personal collection because Viva La Juicy Gold Couture has been released within the last month and it is living up to my Juicy expectations for sure.



The top notes are will berries. Middle notes are Sambac jasmine and honeysuckle. sandalwood, golden amber, caramel, and vanilla elixir make up the base notes.

The scent is deep and rich. It smells warm and golden, hence the name of the fragrance. Many of the notes in this perfume are also in Viva La Juicy Noir, which is one of my favorite fragrances. 

Juicy Noir has gardenia and mandarin orange in it, which makes the fragrance smell different. I also think the notes are added in a different order, which may or may not make fragranes smell different. I am not an expert on that kind of thing, so I'm not positive about that.


I'm not a huge fan of this bottle, but that's mainly because I do not really like gold. The bottle is very similar to the other perfumes in the line. Viva La Juicy Noir, which was released last year was the first of the Juicy perfumes to have a metallic bottle. Gold Couture has a metallic gold bottle with the Juicy Couture emblem in the center. The choice of the gold bottle and the name Gold Couture is fitting because of the "golden" notes in the fragrance. The bottle just isn't my personal favorite. 

I don't really care for the bow on top either. I like all the other bows that are on the other Juicy perfumes, but this one doesn't seem to fit the bottle. The mesh feel of the bow and the polka dots make it look a little cheap to me. I also don't think the pink writing on the bottle fits with the gold bottle. However, I'm sure they just used the pink because that is the brand's signature color.


Juicy ads are not usually anything special and these ones are not different. They are the same as all the others just with the new fragrance featured. Sasha Pivovarova is the face of Juicy and has been for years now. She is a Russian model who has done other ad campaigns with Armani, Hugo Boss, Roberto Cavalli, and more. I think she is a good fit for the ads, but I wish they would spice them up a bit more and get more creative.


Viva La Juicy Gold Couture is available in two sizes:
The 3.4 oz bottle is $92.
The 1.7 oz bottle is $72.

This perfume is available in most department stores and cosmetic stores like Sephora and Ulta.

No comments:

Post a Comment