Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Urban Decay Ocho Loco 2 Eye Pencil Set, Shadow Lockdown Duo, and Revolution Lipstick in Jilted (Swatches Included)

Urban Decay had their Friends & Family a couple weeks ago on their website, so I obviously had to buy things. I'm such a sucker for their products, especially their new stuff. I ended up buying the new Ocho Loco 2 Eye Pencil Set, the Shadow Lockdown Duo, and a Revolution Lipstick.

Let's take a look shall we?

First up is the Revolution Lipstick I bought in the shade Jilted. It is a bright pink with violet undertones. I love the packaging of these lipsticks and the lipstick itself. The wear is pretty good and I wish I could have gotten more shades, but maybe another time. UD's Revolution Lipsticks are $22. It's more than I usually spend on lipsticks, but I just love the color selection and the wear of these, so I am willing to spend a little more on these lipsticks.





I wanted to get the Primer Potion Duo that has Original and Sin in it, but they were sold out by the time I got a chance to order. I needed more Primer Potion anyway, so I got this Shadow Lockdown Duo with the full size Original and the full size of UD's new Primer Potion for anti-aging. It is supposed to improve fine lines and wrinkles in 8 weeks. I don't really need that because I don't have wrinkles around or on my eyelids yet, but I will use it anyway and hopefully it will work just as well as Original. The Original remains my favorite eyeshadow base. It's the only one I've tried that keeps my eyeshadow crease-free pretty much all day. The set is $29, which is a great deal if you will use both primers because each primer alone is $20.




I saved the best for last. Feast your eyes on the Ocho Loco 2 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Set. This set has 8, full size eyeliners for $59. One eye pencil alone is $19. That means this is a $152 value, so you are saving $93. Plus, 5 of these shades are exclusive to this set. Oh, and you get the Grindhouse Pencil Sharpener, which is $10.

I just need to take a moment to point out how beautiful this packaging is. I love the watercolor, metallic look mixed with flowers. I am going to keep this packaging. I have no idea what use I am going to get out of it, but it's too pretty to get rid of.


The first pencil in the set is Roach. It is a coppery brown shimmer that is very unique. I haven't seen very many eyeliners that have this sort of color to it. Then again, Urban Decay does eyeliners better than any other cosmetic line (in my opinion).




Next is Twice Baked, which is exclusive to this set. It is a brown satin with gold micro glitter in it. This shade will probably end up as one of my go-to eyeliners for everyday looks.




Then we have Crave, a deep, deep brown matte that has a hint of black to it. This color is awesome! I find this one to be unique as well because I'm not use to seeing something so close to black, yet you can tell it's brown. It will give an interesting twist to any eye look. This shade is exclusive to this set as well.




And then we have Perversion, the blackest black matte you will ever find in an eyeliner. This creamy, wonderful black is the perfect eyeliner to add boldness to any look whether it's a smokey eye or even something more subtle.




Deep End is the first "colorful" eye pencil in the set. It is a blue, almost teal (it photographed more blue) metallic shimmer and is super pretty. Deep End is a fitting name because it looks like the bottom of a the water in a pool.




Mars is green metallic shimmer that is brighter than some of the other green shades UD has for their eyeliners. I have really been into greens lately, so this is perfect for my new addiction. It is an exclusive shade for this set. 




Ultraviolet is a blue-violet shimmer. I love this shade! It is another unique color that will be interesting to play around with. It's the kind of color that will make people notice you when you're wearing it. Ultraviolet is another exclusive shade in the Ocho Loco 2 Set.




Last we have Tornado, which is a deep purple pearl. I think everyone should have a dark purple liner like this in their collection. It can add a hint of color to an otherwise neutral look. This is yet another exclusive shade to this set.




This set also come with the Grindhouse Pencil, which has an awesome acid green/yellow color designed for this set. Let me tell you, I never knew that one pencil sharpener could really be that much better than another until I bought this pencil sharpener a couple years ago. It is amazing! I never have a pencil break when I sharpen it, it fits bigger pencils that some pencil sharpeners don't fit, and it always sharpens pencil to a nice point and gives a clean, smooth look.



Also, UD sent a sample of their 24/7 Eye Pencil in the shade Electric. It is a bright, light blue with silver micro-glitter.




Let me know in the comments if you have tried any of these products out and what you think of them or if you plan on getting them.

Keep up with the blog by following me on one of the sites that are linked in the sidebar or you can enter your email in the sidebar to get an email when I update my blog. 

2 comments:

  1. Pretty swatches! I've been meaning to try out their eye liners. I hear their great!(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally need to try them! They are awesome! :)

      Delete