Thursday, October 24, 2013

Real Techniques Brushes Review

I have heard so many good things about Real Techniques brushes over the past few months that I decided I needed to try them out. Ulta occasionally has this brand on sale for buy one, get one 50% off, which is what they were on sale for when I picked some up. I bought them a few weeks ago, but I wanted to wait to show you all until I had used all of them.


I got this Travel Essentials set thinking it was the one I had heard and read such great reviews on. Oops. It's actually the Core Collection that I was wanting to try out, but I ended up keeping this set because I really like it. The 3-piece set comes with a foundation brush, a domed shadow brush, and a multi task brush.



Alright, so the foundation brush is a lot smaller in size than the other foundation brushes I own. I really like it though because it is easier to use around the nose and lips. The brush gives a smooth application of foundation and nothing goes on too thick or too thin.




The domed shadow brush is great for applying shadow to the lid and it even works for applying shadow in the crease because it's domed. The brush picks up a lot of eyeshadow, which is awesome because I hate having to go back and forth getting shadow on a brush because the brush won't pick up enough pigment.




The multi task brush also holds a lot of pigment. I have used it for both powder and blush and it works great for both. The brush is super soft and blends really well. 



Overall, I am happy with the quality of these brushes. This 3-piece set is $17.99 at Ulta. It's a good deal if you need these types of brushes. Otherwise, I don't think they are so spectacular that you would need to rush out and buy them. My favorite out of the 3 is the domed eyeshadow brush.


The other brush I bought is the expert face brush. I had heard so many good things about this brush, so it had a lot of expectations to live up to for me. I have fallen in love with it and it is hard for me to use any other brush on my face now to apply foundation. It blends foundation on my face so seamlessly that I don't think my foundation has ever looked so "natural". It fits around my nose great too and is basically my favorite brush ever. It sells for $8.99 at Ulta. This is an awesome deal and I would definitely recommend trying this brush out.



What is your favorite brush you have? Let me know in the comments below!

Stay up-to-date on my blog by following me on one of the websites linked in the sidebar. You can also get emails when I post new stuff by entering your email in the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment