Tuesday, October 1, 2013

September Favorites

HAPPY OCTOBER!!!! :)

Another month has ended, but I can't say I'm sad to see September end. September was alright, but I am so excited that October is finally here! October is one of my favorite months because it finally starts to feel like fall, the colors in the trees are beautiful, fall recipes are awesome, and Halloween is in October. There is just something magical about this month. Before we get too far into October though, here are some of my favorites from September, both beauty-related and not.



I wore the Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil in Demolition a lot in September because it is a great color to use when I don't want to draw too much attention to my eyes or when I want the focus to be more on my eyeshadow or lashes. It is a beautiful deep brown that adds a soft pop to the eyes without being too bold like black eyeliner. I will probably set it aside this month because I haven't played a lot with color the past few weeks and I am ready to jump back in to using all the colors in the rainbow.




I wore the Clinique All About Shadow Duo in Beach Plum probably at least a third of September. This gold and berry duo is seriously gorgeous! The two colors blend beautifully and are easy to play up or play down.




I got the Victoria's Secret Very Sexy Fragrance Mist in a travel-sized set after this past Christmas when their sets were marked down. I kind of set this scent aside for a while and rediscovered it in September. Very Sexy is definitely a fitting name for the fragrance. The scent is soft and powerful at the same time. It has vanilla orchid, sun-drenched clementine, and midnight blackberry in it. The vanilla orchid definitely stands out when I wear it. The only downfall to the mist is that is does not last long when I wear it at all. This is true for most body sprays though.


When I first smelled the Fortune Cookie Soap Sugar Scrub in Body Shot after it came in the mail, I was iffy on whether or not I liked the scent. It is supposed to smell like raspberry lemonade, but I couldn't smell too much of the raspberry. I used it for the first time this month and the scent is actually pretty good. The scrub works great and a little goes a long way, which I love. This summer scent is no longer available on FCS's website, but they have a ton of other great scents and products.

                                                                                               Photo From sodastreamusa.com

I'm not much of a pop drinker. I occasionally get a pop when I'm at a restaurant or something like that, but I don't ever buy pop to have in the house. This past month I caved and got 2, 2 liter bottles of pop - Cherry Coke and Barq's Root Beer. I rediscovered how delicious root beer floats are, which is dangerous because I don't want to keep buying pop. They were a nice treat in September, but it's time to set the floats aside and move onto some fall treats, which brings me to my next favorite from September...


Pinterest! Okay, so technically Pinterest is a favorite for me every month. I pin everything from makeup looks, to DIY-type stuff, to my blog posts. My favorite things to look for on Pinterest though are food recipes. This time of the year is awesome because there are so many great fall recipes for all kinds of food and dessert. I have found a lot of great things to try this month, so maybe I will blog about what I make if that interests anyone. Let me know in the comments below if you're interested in that kind of thing!

Fall makes me so happy and I can't wait to post some new stuff for you all, so stay in touch and don't miss anything by connecting with me on one of the sites I'm on that are linked in the sidebar.

2 comments:

  1. That clinique shadow duo looks nice! I'd like to see some recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will post some recipes as soon as I get some free time to try some things out! Thanks for your comment and I hope you enjoy my blog! :)

      Delete