Sunday, February 16, 2014

2013 Empties!: Mascaras, Makeup Removers, Shower Gels, Deodorant, & More!

This is my first ever empties post! I started collecting beauty-related products that I used up towards the last quarter of 2013. This is definitely not everything I used up last year, but at least you can get an idea of some of the products I tried. I have short descriptions of the products below and basically decisions on whether or not I would get the product again. Some of the products were samples, so I have noted which products those are.

I will try to remember to save empty bottle and packages more often and do these kinds of posts periodically throughout the year.


This is the first Baby Lips I have used up out of the five I have. This one is Quenched and has no color to it. I like using the Baby Lips before I put other lip colors on. Every once in a while I will wear the ones I have with color in them alone. The moisturizing properties these have are not super long-lasting, but I do think they are pretty good for the price.



Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara is one of my favorite mascaras. It gives a lot of volume and adds nice drama (hence the name). 

Note: This is a sample size of this mascara.


Clinique High Impact mascara is my favorite Clinique mascara. It volumizes, separates my lashes, and lengthens them.

Note: This is a sample size of this mascara.


Urban Decay primer potion is the best primer potion I have tried thus far. I have extremely oily eyelids and this is the only thing that will keep my shadow from creasing. I am always open to trying new ones though, so if you have any recommendations, let me know in the comments. For now, I will continue using this stuff.

Note: This is a travel-size version of this primer. The regular tube is about twice the size.


I have never been much of a fan of oily-feeling eye makeup removers. They get all over, feel weird, and make my contacts blurry. This Maybelline Expert Eyes makeup remover was no different unfortunately. I didn't like the way it felt on my eyes, and I would wash my eyes off with water every time I used this. I will not be purchasing this again.


Okay so you know how I just said all that stuff about hating oily feeling makeup removers? Well this one is an exception. Clinique Take the Day Off has silcone (not oil) in it, and it takes off waterproof mascara, eyeshadow, and lip colors. It doesn't make my contacts blurry when I use it, and it doesn't leave and terribly oily mess on my eye area. I still go over it with water when I wash my face afterwards because I just don't like feeling anything that feels oily or greasy on my face. I would buy this product for sure though.

Note: This is a sample of this makeup remover. It comes in a larger container when you buy it.


This is another great eye makeup remover from Clinique - Rinse-off Eye Makeup Remover. This one leaves no residue behind, but it still removes all eye makeup. I like using this one when I need to fix makeup mistakes as well because it doesn't leave any oiliness behind.

Note: These are samples of this makeup remover.


This is the Bifacil makeup remover from Lancome. It is similar to the Take the Day Off one from Clinique, but I feel like this one gets tougher makeup off a little better. They are both great, in my opinion though.

Note: This is a sample size of this makeup remover.


Clinique's Moisture Surge Intense is a booster moisturizer that is like a drink of water for your skin. It instantly makes the skin feel better if your skin is dry. The intense version is not the best for oily skin types like mine. However, I had a sample of it and my skin has been unusually dry this winter, so I used it anyway. The regular Moisture is a product I use a lot though and love.

Note: This is a sample size of this moisturizer.


Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel is an oil-free moisturizer that works great with my oily skin. I love the way this makes my skin feel and a bottle of this lasts forever. 


This Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion from Clinique is a life-changing product. I have talked about the Acne products Clinique offers before, so I won't go into great detail. I will say that this stuff helps control my acne better than any other thing I've tried before.


I have yet to find a deodorant that I'm in love with. I have hyperhidrosis, so I sweat more than an average person. Degree used to work for me fine, but lately I feel like it's not cutting it. I do love the smell of this one though. It leaves white marks on my clothes that I can't get out, so I think it's time to find something else.


I tried this version of Degree because I thought maybe it would work better for me. It didn't. Once again, I will have to look into trying a different brand or something.


This Dial shower gel feels and smells like heaven. It felt extremely moisturizing and soft on my skin. I have really sensitive skin that gets really dry in the winter. I used this body wash to shave as well as clean my body, and I will for sure buy this stuff again.


I talked about this Bath & Body Works shower gel in my October Favorites. Their shower gels leave my skin feeling soft and not dried out. They come in a ton of different scents. I really like this Be Enchanted scent and would recommend it.


Victoria's Secret Smoothing Body Scrubs as by far one of my favorite scrubs. They are very exfoliating, but they aren't too harsh on my sensitive skin. They don't leave my skin feeling dry after using them either. There is an endless amount of scents options as well. This scent, Secret Charm, is one of my favorites out of the ones I have tried so far.


This Ulta Foaming Sugar Scrub is the strangest feeling scrub I have tried. I don't know how else to describe it than by saying it felt like I was rubbing lint on my body. It just wasn't what I am used to. I probably wouldn't buy this scrub again. I have another one because I bought these when they were buy one, get one free, so I will use that and be done with them. I do, however, love this Freshwater Mist scent, so I would definitely get some of Ulta's other products in this scent.


It's a 10 leave-in conditioner is my favorite leave-in conditioner out of the ones I have tried. I like the fact that it sprays out because it doesn't weigh my hair done with a bunch of product and it evenly coats my hair. The smell is nice and my hair feels smooth and looks healthy after I use this. I would definitely buy this product again.


AG Xtramoist moisturizing shampoo made my hair feel soft and healthy. The one thing I didn't care for was the scent of the shampoo. It just wasn't my favorite. I don't know if I would buy this again just because I like to try new shampoos all the time, so I hardly ever go back to one I've tried before.


I really like Bath & Body Works hand soaps. They have tons of scents to choose from and they leave my hands feeling clean and not dried out. My favorite kinds are the ones with the exfoliating beads. This scent was wildberries. I think it was a seasonal one from spring or summer, but I didn't start using it until the fall.


My teeth are not the whitest, so I always like to buy toothpaste that claims to have whitening ingredients. I never notice a real difference, but I guess it makes me feel better when I buy the stuff. Crest 3D White toothpaste is one I have been getting for the past year now. I'm not sure I've ever fallen in love with a toothpaste, but I guess I would say I recommend this kind because it does make my teeth feel really clean.

Let me know in the comments below if you have any questions about any of these products or any suggestions of new products for me to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment