Tuesday, July 2, 2013

June Favorites

June is over! Wow! Where did the first half of this year go?!

Anyway, I have quite a few products I have been using the past month.

These are the products I reached for the most in June:

Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser - This cleanser is really good at removing makeup. It is one of those cleansers where you know all your makeup is off after you finish using it, which is just what someone with acne-prone skin like mine wants. I use a different cleanser after this one to actually wash my face because this one is just for removing makeup and other products like sunscreen. The tube in the picture is a sample-size that I got in one of Clinique's gifts, but I would definitely purchase this product in the future. The price is $19.50 and the bottle will last a while because you don't need to use very much with each use.



Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait - This is a peachy-pink color with gold shimmer. It has a very textured, kind of gritty feel to it because of the large pieces of shimmer in it. I have read some reviews where people have voiced their disappointment with it. I, on the other hand, don't really mind it. The color is really pretty on the lips and still feels moisturizing like the rest of the lip butters. These sell for $7.49 at Ulta and are usually around $1-$2 cheaper at Target or Walmart.

These purple-y shades in the Urban Decay Vice Palette - I have been obsessed with these colors this month! I love purple and these are just some really unique shades of purple. Unfortunately, I don't think this palette is available anywhere anymore, but hopefully UD will come out with individual shadows of these shades.

 Provocateur is a super shimmery, light purple with a hint of pink. It looks very eye-catching on the lid.

 Rapture is a dark lilac shade that I love to use on my outer lid and in the crease sometimes. The picture totally makes it look gray/brown, but I promise it's not.

Vice is an awesome metallic purple that I use the most in the crease. It can look slightly gray when I put it on sometimes. This could just be due to the bad lighting situation I have in my house. It looks awesome in the sunlight!

EcoTools Foundation Brush - This is a really nice foundation brush that is pretty soft and applies foundation evenly without leaving streak marks. If you need a foundation brush but don't want to spend $20+ on it, I would recommend this one. It is $7.49 at Ulta, but I think I bought it at Walmart for around $5.99.


China Glaze Nail Polish in Blue Iguana - Ahhhh! These pictures do not to this color justice! This is the best blue I have ever seen! Okay, I might be exaggerating, but it's a really great blue. It's shimmery and basically pure awesomeness. I got this nail polish on clearance at Ulta some time earlier this year, so this might be another product that is not available to buy. It's worth searching for though.


OPI Nail Polish in Be a Dahlia Won't You - These pictures also do not do this color justice. This shade is a bright, deeper pink with glitter (not the gritty kind though). I love the color on my toes, hence the foot picture. OPI polishes are generally $8-9 at Ulta or salons.

Paul Mitchell Strength Shampoo and Conditioner - Having my hair dyed is taking a huge toll on my hair. I love the purple, but my hair is basically fried. This shampoo and conditioner leaves my hair feeling soft and shiny. When I use these products, my hair doesn't feel as stringy and brittle. These were a gift, but I think they are around $12-$15 for each bottle. They can also be purchased in bigger bottles.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I accidentally deleted your comment and don't know how to get it back!:(
      Urban Decay eyeshadows are awesome! You should get some during a sale sometime. They do have their vintage eyeshadows on sale for $4 right now on their website. I'm glad you like my blog name! Yours is awesome too and so is your blog. :)

      Delete