Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Tuesday Tips: Beware of Salon Products Sold in Drugstores

I've decided to start giving a weekly tip that may or may not be beauty-related. They will mostly be beauty-related in some way, but I might throw in something else every once in a while. I will do one every Tuesday, hence the name Tuesday Tips.

My first tip comes from reading this article written by a hair stylist. I don't really ever buy salon hair products at a drugstore, but this makes me never want to start. It's worth the few minutes it takes to read.



If you really don't want to read the article, here is what I think you should know:
"What happens is that the world's least threatening black market underlords (actually, they call it the 'gray market') will buy salon products from a legitimate distributor, then set them aside in a warehouse for years until the barcode expires so they can't be tracked.  During this time, not only does the barcode expire but so does the product inside, warping from heat or just the cruel sands of time into something that is an ineffective shadow of its former self."
I would suggest not taking any risks and buying salon products from an actual salon. You can feel better knowing you are getting the real deal and you can get advice about what products to get from your hair stylist. That is a win-win situation! :)

Have you read my November Favorites blog post yet? Check it out here!

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    Hi, what a great web blog. I usually spend hours on the net reading blogs on various subjects. And, I really would like to praise you for writing such a fabulous article

    ReplyDelete