Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Tuesday Tips: Wear Makeup For YOU!

Today I wanted to address something that has a more personal meaning to me. Working in cosmetics can be really fun, but sometimes it just makes me realize how insecure women can be about themselves. Not everyone has to wear foundation and powder and eyeliner and mascara and eyeshadow and every other makeup product imaginable.

I think society makes women believe that we need to wear makeup to be beautiful. Wearing makeup is not a requirement and you should only wear if you want to. I just think some women don't fully understand that or maybe need to be reminded of it sometimes.

Personally, makeup makes me feels good about myself. I struggled with feeling very insecure about myself throughout my middle school and high school years. It maybe even started before that. Makeup became something that made me feel good and for the longest time, I thought I needed foundation and everything else because I felt it made me more beautiful. It took many years and a lot of growing up to realize that I don't need to do anything to please anyone but myself. 

Hahaha I found them gem on good ol' Facebook. I thought I was super cool.

I obviously still wear makeup today, but I wear it for the right reasons. I wear makeup for my own pleasure and not to impress anyone. I don't do it for the compliments and I don't do it to get anybody's attention. I do it for MYSELF!


Basically today's tip is to love the skin you're in. Wear the makeup you want to wear and don't wear makeup for anyone else but YOU. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

I hope you all have a great New Year's! Stay safe and have fun! I can't wait to see what 2014 brings! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment