Friday, January 17, 2014

What I Got For Christmas 2013: Clinique Chubby Stick Whole Lotta Candy Set and Clinique Party Tips Nail Enamel Set

I know that Christmas feels like it was forever ago, but I thought some of you might enjoy seeing some things (mostly beauty-related) that I got for Christmas. 

I am going to do separate posts to break everything up, so today I will just show you the Clinique products I received. My boyfriend got me two different Clinique gift sets for Christmas: one for lips and one for nails. 


Whole Lotta Candy is a Chubby Stick set that includes smaller sizes of Pudgy Peony, Voluptuous Violet, and Two Ton Tomato. Both this set and the nail set I received were just around for the holidays, but almost all of these products are available separately in full sizes.



Pudgy Peony is the most pigmented out of the three colors. It is a bright pink. I love this shade because, although it is bright, it isn't overwhelming or super duper pigmented.


Voluptuous Violet is my favorite shade out of the three in this set. It is very sheer violet with a hint of pink. Don't let the color of it scare you without trying it on. It is beautiful on the lips!


Two Ton Tomato is a red-orange shade that looks kinda scary in the swatch below (at least to me). It looks very natural on the lips and adds a pretty, coral-ish tint to them.

Top: Pudgy Peony, Middle: Voluptuous Violet, Bottom: Two Ton Tomato
Here is a picture for size comparison. The left is a full size Chubby Stick and the right is one of the Chubby Sticks from the set. The ones in the set are actually a decent size and are more than half the size of a regular Chubby Stick.


Party Tips is a set of three nail enamels. I don't have any other Clinique nail polishes, so I can't show you a side by side comparison. They are a little more than half the size of a regular Clinique nail enamel. These nail polishes are specifically designed for people with sensitive skin. I don't have that problem with nail polishes, but obviously some people do, so if you are one of those people then you should try these polishes.


This shade is called Black Honey and is part of Clinque's permanent nail enamel collection. I have not tried this on my nails yet, but it seems to be a very deep brown with possibly a hint of violet. The pictures make it look a lot darker.



Strappy Sandals is a color that was part of the nail enamel collection when it was re-launched, but now it isn't carried. I'm not sure if they will carry it again. Anyway, it is a silver, metallic shade.



Polished Amethyst is a color that is not available individually (at least for now). It happens to be my favorite color out of the set. It's a beautiful fuchsia shade.


Let me know if you've tried either of these products and what you think of them below. You DO NOT have to have an account to comment! :)

1 comment: