Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Tuesday Tips: Clean Your Makeup Brushes!

Today's tip is fairly simple: clean your makeup brushes regularly.

Photo from http://babebeautybar.com/a-babes-guide-to-brushes/
A foundation brush should be cleaned once a week. If your foundation brush is getting stiff with foundation buildup in it, it's definitely time for a good deep cleaning.

All other brushes should be cleaned at least once a month. I personally like to clean all my makeup brushes once a week or close to that. The idea of the bacteria and makeup clinging to the brushes and going on my face grosses me out.

Not cleaning your brushes regularly can alter the color of the makeup you are applying. It can also make application difficult, which means the end result will not be what you desire.

Taking care of your brushes is important if you want them to last a long time. A good brush can last 5-10 years if your clean it regularly.

I know a lot of you have probably read things like this a ton of times or already know it, but I think it is important.

Have a happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment