Sunday, January 12, 2014

2013 Beauty Favorites

There were a lot of new beauty products to try in 2013 and some things I just discovered the past year or fell in love with. I'm sure I could have thought of at least ten more things to add to my list of 2013 beauty favorites, but I didn't want this to be overly long. 

Since a lot of these products were things I had already discussed in other posts like monthly favorites or reviews, I re-used the pictures I had taken before, so they might look familiar.

Anyway, check it out!

Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencils

I knew I loved Urban Decay eyeliners the first time I tried them, but I fell even more in love with them this year. At the beginning of 2013 (maybe in March?) Urban Decay released a ton of new shades in their eyeliners and re-released some previously exclusive ones. The colors are even more wild and vibrant than before. Pretty much all the colors were love at first sight. I bought a ton of new shades this year because I just love everything about these liners! They are pigmented, they have any color imaginable for any occasion, and THEY STAY ON! If I had to choose a favorite shade for 2013, I would say Crave (a dark, dark brown that was exclusive to the Ocho Loco 2 pencil set) is my favorite neautral-toned eyeliner and LSD (a dark blue with lots of shimmer) is my favorite colorful eyeliner.






Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation


Speaking of Urban Decay, they also released their first ever foundation this year. Naked Skin Foundation is a sheer, lightweight foundation. I really like it because they have a shade that matches me pretty perfectly, which is difficult for me to find with most foundations. While the cover is supposed to be more sheer, I think that is covers just fine. I use concealer to hide anything it doesn't cover up and set it with a powder. This foundation is pretty pricey, but it had me coming back for more because I am on my second bottle and still love it.



Clinique Chubby Sticks for Lips

Clinique has had these Chubby Sticks for a while now, but I feel like the idea of big crayon-like lipcolor really took off in 2013. I love Clinique's for a few different reasons. First, they have two different types to choose from - the regular, more sheer Chubby Sticks and the intense Chubby Sticks with more pigment. That gives me a lot of great color options - 24 to be exact. Second, these lipcolors have shea and mango butter in them, which make them non-drying and actually pretty moisturizing on the lips. Last, they just seem easier to apply and more convenient. The tips makes it easier to follow the shape of your lip than a regular lipstick. My favorite shade would have to be the Chubby Stick Intense in Grandest Grape, which is a beautiful, bold violet shade.

Grandest Grape on the right
Grandest Grape on the right

CoverGirl Jumbo Gloss Balm


CoverGirl also jumped on the fat stick lipcolor in 2013 by introducing the Jumbo Gloss Balm. I only have one of these in the shade Ballet Twist and I really like it. The color is a really natural, soft pink with a hint of shimmer to it. It's a perfect everyday color and goes with pretty much any eye look I do. The formula isn't super long-lasting, but it's so easy to reapply.





Victoria's Secret Fantasies Body Scrubs

2013 was the beginning of my obsession with body scrubs. The Victoria's Secret body scrubs are by far my favorite. I really like the way the feel - not too harsh, but not too soft either. They have tons of scents to choose from too. I buy them when Victoria's Secret has good deals on them (which is like all the time), so I have a nice pile of them in my room. My favorite scent I discovered in 2013 is Secret Charm, which is a mix of honeysuckle and jasmine.



Bath & Body Works Shower Gels

Shower gels are another item that has also started to pile up in my room. I'm not super picky about shower gels, but I would say Bath & Body Works are my favorites. They are fairly affordable (get them when they're buy 3, get 3 free) and they come in a huge range of scents. They reformulated them towards the end of 2013 and I have not tried the new version, so I can't say if they are even better now. I do think the formula before was nice and lathering and left my skin feeling soft, so I'm sure the new formula is good. I use these body washes in place of shaving cream and they work great. My favorite scent I used in the shower gels in 2013 would have to be the Be Enchanted scent.


Taylor Swift Wonderstruck Enchanted

I believe this fragrance came out in late 2012, but 2013 is when I fell in love with it. The scent is very warm and mainly fruity. You can smell a lot of the berry scent and vanilla in it. I get a lot of compliments when I wear it. I also love the look of the bottle.


Maybelline Color Whisper Lipstick


I wear this lipstick to school almost everyday. I don't put on a full face of makeup before class on most days because I like to sleep in as long as I possibly can, but lipstick or some sort of lip product is one things I do like . Rose of Attraction is my favorite shade I have. It is a rosy pink shade that is sheer but still noticeable on the lips. I really love this color and am glad I found it. I'm really impressed with these Color Whisper lipsticks that Maybelline released in 2013. They are all fairly sheer (hence the name Whisper), but there are tons of color options and I haven't really found one I don't like yet. I have five of them now because they are great for when I don't want a super bold lip. They are non-drying and last a decent amount of time before having to re-apply.


Rose of Attraction is the last lipstick on the right
Rose of Attraction is the last swatch on the right
CoverGirl Clump Crusher Mascara

This is the standout mascara out of the new mascaras I tried in 2013. It doesn't clump like the name says, it covers lashes top to bottom, and it coats them evenly. The brush is curved, which I think helps me get all the lashes coated.



MAC Baby Baby Blush

I became more of a blush lover in 2013. I never really wore blush that often, but after experimenting with a few different colors, I have found some blushes that look really good with my fair complexion and now I wear blush a lot more. My favorite color I have discovered is MAC's Blushbaby blush. The color is a soft pinkish beige that gives a very natural flush to the cheeks. This is another item that I wear almost everyday. I actually wear it so much that sometimes I feel like I'm neglecting my other blushes a little too much.



Clinique Instant Lift for Brows in Soft Blonde and Soft Brown


Filling my eyebrows in was also something I started to do a lot more in 2013. The brows really bring together an eye look. I started using Clinique Instant Lift for Brows in Soft Blonde. It is close to my natural hair color and fills my brows in while still looking natural. The brow pencil in double-ended and has an end with a highlighter to use under the brows on the brow bone for a lifted look. I also use this pencil in Soft Brown sometimes too. I use the brown more when I get my hair done and it is darker for a couple weeks. When it starts to lighten up, I switch to the blonde shade. I don't always follow this though because I like to play around and do my own thing.


Top: Soft Brown, Bottom: Soft Blonde
Top: Soft Brown, Middle: Soft Blonde, Bottom: Highlighter Shade
I want to know what your favorite beauty products were in 2013! Tell me in the comments below! You don't have to have an account to comment. What products, old or new, should I try in 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment