Sunday, April 14, 2013

Clinique Cosmetics PART 1

I want to start reviewing cosmetic brands every so often here. I think it would be fun to talk about what I have tried from a certain brand, what I like, what I don't, etc. However, I NEED FEEDBACK! I want anyone who reads my posts to feel like they have some input on what they read on here. If you like what I am doing or want to see something different, I need to know! So leave comments please!

Moving on, today I want to talk about Clinique. I started using Clinique products when I started working at Younkers a few years ago. Since then I have tried a good amount of their products. They are a pretty affordable high-end brand for the most part. I have not tried many of their serums or things from their lines like Even Better because I don't have a need for them yet, so I won't have much information on those things. 

This is PART 1 of 2 posts I will do on Clinique. This one is about skin care and makeup remover. Stop back tomorrow for PART 2, which talks about Clinique's makeup.



  • Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion - This is a liquid exfoliator that is used after cleanser and before moisturizer. This particular one has a white powder in it that soaks up the oil that acne-prone people like me have. It also contains salicylic acid, which helps fight acne. I have been using this for over a year now with my cleanser and moisturizer and I have seen an incredible improvement in my skin. My acne has cleared up immensely. I still get acne, mainly on my chin, but it nowhere near as bad as it was before. It is best used with the acne cleanser and moisturizer, but I find that it dries out my skin and causes irritation if I use too many products with salicylic acid. It retails for $15.


  • Acne Solutions Spot Healing Gel - This is a spot treatment for acne that also contains salicylic acid. I use this on blemishes that are just coming in or that are very noticeable. The treatment dries the blemish up and reduces the size and redness. The bottle lasts a long time because you don't have to use very much of it. It retails for $16.



  • Acne Solutions Oil-Control Cleansing Mask - I really can't say much about the results I have had with this because I just got it a few weeks ago and have only used it twice. It is a clay mask with salicylic acid in it that helps heal acne, unclog pores, and fight oil. It says on the packaging to leave it on for 5 minutes and then rinse off, but I leave it on until it completely hardens and then rinse it off. It does leave my skin a little red after using it, so I would recommend using it at night a little before going to bed. I would also not use it more than once a week. So far I like it and will continue to use it to see what kind of results it will bring me. It retails for $22.


  •  Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel - This is their most popular moisturizer. They recommend using it with the other 3-step products (cleanser and clarifying lotion). It comes in a lotion for dry/normal skin and a gel for oily skin like mine. I started using this a few months ago and think it is an ok moizturizer. I haven't noticed too much difference in my skin from it, but it does feel nice and helps a tiny bit with cutting back on the oil on my face. It retails for $25.


  • Moisture Surge Moisturizer - This is my favorite moisturizer ever! I have developed some annoying dry, flaky patches on my face from the dry Iowa winter we had. This moisturizer, which is like a "big drink of water for your skin," as my Clinique consultants would say, leaves my skin feeling hydrated but not oily. I use this one mainly at night before going to sleep and on days when my skin feels a little dry. The large jar (2.5 fl. oz.) retails for $49.50 and the small (1.7) retails for $37.




  • Moisture Surge Overnight Mask - This is a new product for Clinique. It is a creamy mask that you put on at night after all your skin care and then wash it off in the morning. It helps bring moisture back to your face and it feels amazing. I use this once a week. When I wash it off in the morning, it leaves my face feeling super soft and hydrated but not oily. It retails for $32 and will last for a long time because you barely have to use any of it to cover the entire face.


  • Pore Refining Solutions Correcting Serum - This serum, used before moisturizer after clarifying lotion, is supposed to smooth out the skin and diminish the look of your pores. I have not tried this product consistently enough to see any real results, but I love the way this serum feels on my skin. It makes my face feel baby soft and smooth. To see results, it needs to be used twice a day, every day like the rest on Clinique's skin care products. It retails for $42.50.





  • Take the Day Off Makeup Remover - This makeup remover can be used on the eyelids, lashes, and lips. It is very easy to remove my makeup with this stuff. All I have to do is put it on a cotton ball and hold it on my eyelid or lips for 5-10 seconds and then wipe everything away. It takes off both regular and waterproof makeup. I do have to rinse off my eyelids after using it though because it does leave behind that oily residue. I also want to to point out the Take the Day Off is the perfect and most awesome name for a makeup remover ever! It retails for $18.



 Have you used any of these Clinique products before? What do think of them? Are there any other Clinique skin care products not mentioned that you really like? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment