Wednesday, September 4, 2013

August Favorites

Sorry for not posting anything for over a week. I've been pretty busy getting back into the groove of going to school.

August was a great month! I saw Taylor Swift in concert, I got a new job at Younkers as a Beauty Consultant for Clinique, I started my senior year of college, and I turned 21.

In the midst of all that excitement, I managed to rediscover a couple products and use some other ones that all became my favorites for the month.

Urban Decay Naked Palette - I was so excited when I got this palette a couple years. However, I was disappointed with the selection in it and only found myself using not even half of the shades. I have kind of re-discovered this palette in the past few months and used it a lot in August. I have expanded my use of the colors. My favorites are Sin, Naked, Half-Baked, and Toasted. There are a lot of possibilities for subtle and bold eye looks with this palette. You just have to play around a little.


Left to Rgiht: Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar
Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse
Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal
Maybelline Color Whisper Lipsticks - I really like these lipsticks because the coverage is pretty sheer, but it is also build-able. You can layer it depending on how much color you want on your lips. The wear on these is decent. I have to reapply them every few hours. They are great to keep in your purse or backpack. I have the Color Whisper Lipsticks in Petal Rebel, Pin Up Peach, Coral Ambition, and Rose of Attraction.


L to Right: Petal Rebel, Pin Up Peach, Coral Ambition, Rose of Attraction
NYX HD Photogenic Concealer in Yellow - I use this under my eyes to help hides dark circles. Since I almost always have dark circles under my eyes, this baby has been my best friend this month and will continue to be my buddy throughout the school year.


Bath and Body Works Sweet Pea Shower Gel - This shower gel has Shea butter in it and is really moisturizing. The scent is floral and sweet. I use this shower gel to wash my body and to shave my legs because it doesn't leave my legs feeling dry or irritated later on.


Hair Claw Clips - I had been meaning to buy some of these for quite some time. I had a few when I was younger, but I'm not sure what happened to them. These are awesome. Sometimes I just need to pull my hair out of my face, put it up quickly, or add a little style instead of just wearing my hair down. I like to wear my hair half back a lot, but I have to use a lot of bobby pins and I hate when they stick out or don't work they way I want them to. These clips make it easy to just pull back some of my hair and clip it. They hold really well and don't hurt.



Men's Ralph Lauren Polo Red - Okay, so I don't actually wear this on myself, but my boyfriend does. This was still one of my favorite products this month though. It has become my new favorite cologne.. The scent is fresh but manly. I can't get enough. Check this out if you are in the market for a new cologne.


I want to try and start doing some video tutorials this month (or at least ONE). What do you all want to see? I like the idea of doing tutorials based on a theme or a series of looks, but maybe I'll start out small and work my way up. PLEASE let me know in the comments what you want to see!

Keep yourself updated with my blog by following me on one or all of the various sites I'm on. Links are in the sidebar!

No comments:

Post a Comment