Saturday, August 3, 2013

July Favorites

Another month has come and gone so that means it is time for me to share with you the products I really liked in July.


Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil in Empire - This is a smoky, metallic purple that adds just enough color to any look. I have been using it with a lot of different eye looks lately to either add color to a subtle/nude eye or to even out a bright eye.



Maybelline Color Whisper Lipstick in Pin Up Peach - I really like these Maybelline lipsticks. They are sheer but add just enough color to the lip. They are also fairly moisturizing as well. This shade is a pretty peach that complements many skin tones and is great if you don't want to go too bold with peach/orange lip colors.




Clinique Color Surge Eye Shadow Quad in Plum Seduction - I love purple. Can you tell? This quad has two beautiful purples, one dark and one light. It also has a taupe shade and a brownish gray shade. These colors are swatched in my post I did about Clinique cosmetics. Clinique now has brand new eye shadows, so this one is not going to be in their collection anymore. However, they do have some awesome new purples and other shades like the ones in this quad. If you are looking for some similar shades try their new eye shadows in Purple Pumps, Rock Violet, Foxier, or Hazy. They also have a new quad called Going Steady that has purples in it.


M.A.C Powder Blush in Blush Baby - This is a beige-pink sheertone blush that I wore almost every day in July. It adds a beautiful neutral color to my cheeks and doesn't overwhelm any other makeup I wear.



Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Stay-Matte Hydrator - This stuff is awesome! It basically mattifies your face and keeps oil under control. I am so glad I had this to get me through the hot July. It really does cut down on the oil on my face. I would totally recommend this to anyone with oily skin.


Urband Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray - I have been using this stuff for maybe a couple months now and it does seem to help keep my makeup in place. I spray it on before I apply my makeup and after, which seems have the best effect. I don't think it is a miracle product by any means, but this did help me get through the hot July as well.


Not Your Mother's Lock Luster Oil Treatment - I've never really gotten into using oils in my hair, but for some reason I finally decided to try one out. I went for one of the more affordable one out of the ones I've found and got this Not Your Mother's brand. This brand is one I have grown to love, and I plan on doing a separate blog about hair products sometime in the future where I will discuss this brand more. This oil treatment is infused with argan & macadamia oil, which is supposed to help repair dry and damaged hair. It also is supposed to protect your hair from heat and styling. I love how lightweight it is when I put it in my hair. It doesn't weigh it down or make it look greasy. I just put it on the ends and my bangs without getting too close to my roots. It helps tame my fly-aways and any frizz in my hair.


I have A LOT of stuff to talk about and show you in upcoming posts and I don't want any of you to miss them. To make sure you don't miss anything, you can subscribe to my blog or follow me in several places. I am on BlogLovin', which you can follow me on by clicking the link in the sidebar. You can get e-mail updates by entering your e-mail in the sidebar as well. You can also follow me on Twitter to get updates. Thanks to everyone who continues to come back and please share my blog with your friends! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment