Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Maybelline Baby Lips Review


I bought my first Baby Lips last year (in Quenched) but never really used it much until recently. I started using it so much that I decided to pick up a new one last month in Coral Crush. The flavor isn't my favorite, but I use it occasionally.

Last week, I'm not sure why, but I went for it again and bought two more Baby Lips in the shades Pink Punch and Twinkle. I think it's the packaging that sucks me in with these things.

These balms feel extremely moisturizing when they are applied. However, the moisturizing feeling doesn't last as long as Maybelline claims it does on the packaging (8 hours). My lips feel moisturized for around two hours before I need to reapply. Some days I don't really mind this and some days I do. It depends on how much time you like to continuously put into your lip look for the day. I do feel like after using Baby Lips at least a few times a day for a week, my lips feel a little less dry.

The pigment in Baby Lips is very sheer. There are two shades that have no color to them and the others add subtle color. You could wear these paired with a non-drying lipstick or lip gloss as well as on their own.

I tend to apply one of these in the morning when I wake up and then put a different lip product over it when I do my makeup.

If you are going to try these, you definitely don't need as many as I have. They are slightly over-priced depending on where you buy them, and they just aren't worth having this many.

Below I have pictures of the Baby Lips I have, a description of their scent, and how they look when applied.




Pink Punch is nicely pigmented and adds a great pink shade  to the lips.  It smells/tastes fruity like the name suggests.  It reminds me slightly of Hawaiian Punch. 


Twinkle really just enhances the natural color of the lip. It does not have much pigment, which you can see in the swatch below. The scent/taste of this one is also fruity like berries.
Here is the Coral Crush I bought last month. Pigmentation is very nice in this one and leaves a nice coral shade on the lips. The smell/taste is citrus orange, which is not my personal favorite. 
Left to Right: Pink Punch, Twinkle, Coral Crush

I got these for $2.97 at Walmart. They are around the same price at Target and are a dollar more at Ulta.

No comments:

Post a Comment